Holding page for OSM User Experience thoughts. See related blog post 'OSM User Testing' Feel free to chime in etc.
- 1 Editing UX test tasks for newbies
- 1.1 Add a Street
- 1.2 Add a Point of Interest
- 1.3 Find a tag for Feature XYZ
- 1.4 Correct a Street name
- 1.5 Add a business
- 1.6 Add an Address
- 1.7 Upload a GPS trace from a walk or a cycle ride
- 1.8 What to do if something on the map seems to be in the wrong place
- 2 Search UX tasks for newbies
- 3 Consuming OSM tasks for newbies
- 4 Admin OSM tasks for newbies
- 5 Social OSM tasks for newbies
Editing UX test tasks for newbies
Add a Street
A street is missing in your neighborhood. Add the street, the street name and indicate if the street is one way or not.
Add a Point of Interest
Your favourite restaurant is missing from OpenStreetMap. Add it.
Find a tag for Feature XYZ
Your local park is in OpenStreetMap already but the public toilets are not shown on the map. Add the public toilets in your park.
Correct a Street name
Your neighboring street is on OpenStreetMap but the name is incorrect. Fix it.
Add a business
There is a new grocery store in town. Add it to the map.
Add an Address
Your new grocery store is on the map. Make sure OpenStreetMap knows the address of the grocery store.
Upload a GPS trace from a walk or a cycle ride
How should parts that are completely new be added to the map (what tags etc.)? What about parts that overlap with existing features on the map?
Visualise uploaded GPS track in an OSM editing environment
Visualise other people's GPS tracks in an OSM editing environment
What to do if something on the map seems to be in the wrong place
The town library is shown on the north east corner of an intersection but it belongs on the southwest corner. Fix it.