User:Harry Wood/Declaration of Interests
Declaration of interests. You should know where my "interests" lie, particularly financial interests, if you're working with me on joint decisions e.g. as part of the HOT board or CWG. In some situations these may present a "Conflict of Interest" situation. The usual solution would be for me to be excused from decision making on that topic, but for lesser/more severe conflicts other solutions may be appropriate.
Note: This page is likely to go out of date. Last updated: 2015-05-28
- I have a full time job, director level influence, and a share interest in a small company called placr, which is operating under the transportAPI brand. This company is mainly focussed on transport data, and mainly in the UK currently. It's also all about open data. We have used OpenStreetMap as a basemap for several products, and occasionally dabbled with using raw transport data from OpenStreetMap. Originally the company had more of a geo/mapping focus, and we may get more involved in that again soon.
- I have an interest in promoting the UK TravelOptions app, which we produced in partnership with Faster Imaging (There is a conflict to be avoided with my "App of the year" communications idea for example)
- HOT ex-board member
- I was on the board of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, but stepped down from this position early 2015.
- This was unpaid, but involved some control over all aspects of the organisation including finances. In particular I was regularly involved in spending decisions around projects specifications and staffing for HOT.
- I have not (yet) taken part in any HOT field work projects, paid or unpaid.
- I have not (yet) taken part in any paid HOT technical development work. Only unpaid spare-time work.
- I have given a HOT technical workshop resulting in a small payment which I donated entirely to HOT.
- I have had flight expenses paid for HOT trips abroad for board face-to-face meetings
- OSM Foundation Communication Working Group
- I am part of the Communication Working Group of the OpenStreetMap foundation and represent CWG to the Management Team of the foundation. In general I'm quite involved in the OpenStreetMap foundation. Unpaid of course. CWG can make spending decisions for communications related things within a budget, or spending recommendations to the board for larger amounts.
- Minor roles affiliations
- Some unpaid spare-time interest and involvement in...
- Wikimedia foundation and Wikimedia UK
- Open Knowledge Foundation
- Open Data Institute - TransportAPI used to be based there as part of their startup programme.
- Friends with / in regular contact with:
- A few minor humanitarian things, mostly as positive collaboration with HOT
- OpenRelief.org - I just helped them with a spammy wiki (but open to working with them on HOT collaboration)
- CrisisCommons - I just helped them with a spammy wiki too! (also been to their events back in 2010)
- ict4dLondon - Been to a couple of events
- British RedCross - looking to work with them in a HOT capacity
- MSFUK - looking to work with them in a HOT capacity (hopefully there will be more of these)
...probably many other minor affiliations. Presumably that's more detail than necessary already
- In 2008/2009 I worked for CloudMade (paid, full time) which was much more heavily involved in OpenStreetMap. There was talk of an ongoing unpaid uncontracted advisory role, but I never really stayed in touch with anyone from CloudMade, and I no longer have any links with them.