Years ago, Russian names were bulk-imported to Israel, but some values have Latin, rather than Cyrillic letters. This script will fix this, as well as some other minor issues with Russian names.
This script is part of SafwatHalaby_bot. (Click for contact details, opt-out, other scripts, bot overview, etc.).
With courtesy of @SafwatHalaby I prepare data for countrywide fix of Russian street names translated in bulk edit some years ago. That translation use Latin letters in Cyrillic names and have other small problems. I going to:
- replace Latin letters to Cyrillic ones where needed (usually Xa prefix) and some untranslated name parts
- Glue Xa part with rest of the word
- clean up minor other glitches- (in the next batches) fix wrong translations
For each POI:
- if name:ru exactly matches one of the names in the table, change it to its new value.
Each changeset uses a different table to replace matches. The table is shown in the changeset comment.
- #50182253 - 10/07/2017 - 53 changes: Russian import name fixes, part 3.
- #49673764 - 19/06/2017 - 411 changes: Russian import name fixes, part 2.
- #49295375 - 06/06/2017 - 1098 changes: Russian import name fixes.