User:Tallguy/Thoughts & ideas/Communications
HOT email list apparently only reaches a few.
People who sign up to TM and do some mapping are obviously interested. Could we make use of this?
- When person firsts signs up to TM, send them pre-formatted message - allows corporate message to be sent with a few pertinent current points.
- When their first square is validated, send them a message that consists of;
- Corporate (LearnOSM, mailing list, IRC, Mumble, latest update... etc.)
- scrape of validators comment from square(s)
- Corporate thanks & hope they will do more.
- Thereafter message only once a month - exceptional circumstances? Same format.
- Dip testing / validating - have been sending my own worded message - corporate message may be better?
- Could we run more talks / training sessions? 'HOT coffee morning'
- Aid agencies appreciate what we do - could they also publicise some of our events - not only donate money, but time as well. Is something like British Red Cross interested in having a course run for them?
- Seems to be biased towards JOSM - could we be putting other mappers (the majority?) off?
Re-organise the Tasking Manager wiki
OSM HOT Mapping Guide 'Change name from OSM Tasking Manager - update links from main website (or put some of this in there?) The Guide to getting the most out of helping HOT
- Recent updates
- Section containing date - description of change & link, for any changes such as TM2, updates in main web page, etc.. (encourage mappers to treat this as a briefing doc.)
- Tasking Manager
- Alternative tasks, such as field papers - either have the table inserted here, or a link to where it is
- Guide to interpreting satellite images
- Guide to mapping for new mappers User:Tallguy/Thoughts_&_ideas/Beginners_guide
- Guide to validating - encourage new & all mappers to read this as it lets them know the standard required.
- Further help & useful links (http://hot.openstreetmap.org/ etc)