User:Thomas Wood/Rails OBSD
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Install instructions for Rails on OpenBSD
OpenBSD 4.2 has most of the dependencies required by the Rails Port precompiled.
- Install all required packages for Ruby on Rails
- This is now quite difficult, since there is a dependence on 2.0.1, which is not packaged.
- Install required gems
- I had issues with gem fetching the packages, so I wgetted them first
# wget http://gemmirror.rubyforge.org/gems/libxml-ruby-0.5.2.0.gem # gem install --local libxml-ruby # wget http://gemmirror.rubyforge.org/gems/mysql-2.7.gem # gem install --local mysql # wget http://gemmirror.rubyforge.org/gems/rmagick-1.15.9.gem # gem install --local rmagick
- For mysql function extensions, build with gmake rather than make, and drop (or symlink) the library into /usr/lib (couldn't get it to work in /usr/local/lib even with messing with ldconfig) (apparently this step is not required if not converting between versions of the rails port)
- Comment out first (active) line of config/initializers/limits.rb and change to development config.
Index: config/initializers/limits.rb =================================================================== --- config/initializers/limits.rb (revision 6390) +++ config/initializers/limits.rb (working copy) @@ -1,5 +1,5 @@ # Limit each rails process to a 512Mb resident set size -Process.setrlimit Process::RLIMIT_AS, 640*1024*1024, Process::RLIM_INFINITY +#Process.setrlimit Process::RLIMIT_AS, 640*1024*1024, Process::RLIM_INFINITY # Force a restart after every 10000 requests COUNT = 0
- Import planet into your database, osmosis or planetosm-to-db.pl seem the best options for this.
- Osmosis requires java-6, no packages are available, so compile from ports, run this command and follow instructions:
# cd /usr/ports/jdk/1.6 && make install
- The perl requires a few dependencies:
# pkg_add p5-libwww p5-File-Slurp p5-Bit-Vector
- (the script may fail for large planets on low-resource systems)