From OpenStreetMap Wiki
- OSM contributions
- WikiProject Cape Verde
- Compare with other map providers: tools.geofabrik.de/mc, mc.bbbike.org
- Detail comparison:  murdeira
- Map Features: main list of tags. Most of them have pages with further details
- Simple 3D Buildings#Building outline: how to properly tag buildings for 3D rendering
- OSM-4D/3D building more advanced possibilities for the future
- OSM-4D/Roof table same as above
- 3D_tagging - more info & links
- Visualization of buildings with height tags (about 30-40% done in Murdeira)
- Viewing the final rendering:
- OSMBuildings (recognized tags - roof shape support incomplete, see issue #49). Only supports zooming and panning.
- Vizicities (allows 3D navigation, e.g. zoom, pan & rotate)
- F4Map -- very realistic! like Vizicities, supports pan/zoom/rotate. 3D properties supported / Roof tagging / changelog / Feedback forum
- OSM go (OSM go)
- More: 3D#Viewing
- Isometric 3D maps: povray-based renderings. No interactive world map available, only a few demo cities.
- StackOverflow questions:  and  contain potentially interesting links.
- Nice styles: skobbler (wiki, src?), mapquest (wiki, src), hike&bike (wiki, src).
- live comparison.
- online editor — good for playing, but not flexible enough for advanced styling
- a vector tiles server would allow rendering (up-to-date) OSM data in the browser, so "there will no longer be the need for heavy server-side stuff to create new styles." (src)
- Actually, this is already partially possible! See live demo :D
- Visualization of buildings with addresses (mostly done for Murdeira, only a few small buildings missing, not sure exactly what they are)
- Add these spots to OSM (tagged as amenity=drinking_water)
- Improve Santa Luzia map (see this)
- Fix errors from OSM Inspector
bugs / questions
- Coastline changes show up slower in the live map, but they are indeed eventually updated. Details here. That page includes instructions to check out last generation date:
wget --server-response --spider http://tile.openstreetmap.org/shoreline_300.tar.bz2
- Last generation (as of 00:35, 21 June 2013 (UTC)) happened on 2013-02-07).
- The coastline for São Nicolau is incomplete. I initially suspected some points were deleted maliciously or by mistake, but the history of the way shows that the first version was already incorrect. Versions 3 and 4 of that way, as indicated by the history page, seem to have been redacted because of the licensing change, but that's irrelevant as previous versions already display the error. Needs fixing.
- Apparently while several other islands were missing points, they've been already fixed. The exception: Brava. Here's v2 and v3 of the same node. Versions 4 and 5 have been redacted, so v6 isn't accessible (see link to bug #76 below).
- Update: Brava's been fixed (2013-03-21).
- Investigating this led me to find some bugs in OSMHV. I submitted two bug reports: #74, #76, both fixed.
- More useful history tools: Quality assurance#Monitoring Tools
- Tag rendering
- Is there a way the road width can be better adjusted according to density as well as zoom level?? They look very fat in some zoom levels. Maybe there are tags for road width? See Key:lanes#Examples