User talk:Abc AJ
Fomalhaut Nunatak source
Hi AJ, at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4224020770 you mention that the source of the info is Fomalhaut Nunatak. And from where do you got the info at this wiki page? By the way: I have inserted wiki-style links to Wikipedia on this page and on Antarctica. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 21:37, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, I have got my info from this link http://www.geografiainfo.es/nombres_geograficos/antname.php?uni=5099&fid=antgeo_108
as it is mentioned in my editing.
- Thank You for your help. :)
- Ah, sorry, yes there is a section "Sources and Possible data sources". I did not really see it.
- There is a problem: do you know if that data is public domain? Free of copyright? On the page's footer they say " Copyright © 1995-2012 ITA all rights reserved. ". But that may be wrong, as many US national government works are in the PD by law. Do you know of this specific one? We try to take care of copyrights at OSM to keep our database really free. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 00:22, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, click on the link and check at the bottom of the page. Just before the copyrights, you will see this :-
- -Please bookmark this page (add it to your favorites).
- - If you wish to link to this page, you can do so by referring to the URL address below this line.
- Copyright © 1995-2012 ITA all rights reserved.
- The 2nd link in the source, is from the United States Board on Geographic Names. I read the FAQ, it seems there are no restrictions on the use of ::: the link except if for hacking purposes, breach of security.
- Hope this answers your questions. :)
Also, I have drawn a map, how can I upload it here? I wasn't able to do so. Can you help? Thank You AJ :)