Messages for User:Estr4ng3d:
SOTM & mapping parties
I guess it's you who is coming to State of the Map. Congratulations! looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam.
Also it's really great to see you organising Cairo Mapping Party July 2009. I did a bit of cairo mapping myself, and since then I can see some impressive progress by other people there. The Cairo map is starting to look quite useful!
-- Harry Wood 11:14, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
I don't use the same name in mapping. I'm the Syrian who edit in Egypt :-) --Jarkas 06:48, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yes :-) --Jarkas 05:28, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
latin characters tileserver?
I wanted to use the cairo map, but unfortunately I dont understand the arab alphabet.. any idea how i could use tiles with latin or both characters?
- This has been the subject of fierce argument among mappers, some of whom have since mass edited the map into the current condition, and is the reason why I no longer contribute to the Egypt map. The latin names are in the name:en tag, so you need a way to filter them and re-render. Try this: http://toolserver.org/~osm/locale/en.html?zoom=8&lat=30.06434&lon=31.22314&layers=BT
- Estr4ng3d 10:29, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to hear that. I was surprised by the good level of detail of the map. for this, osm should probably consider to have tile servers providing different/multiple script.
- I wanted to get that into mappero (maemo/n900), so need some tile server definition. Then I'll probably stick to google maps as source.
- Do you live in cairo? would be interested to meet open source minded people there. please contact me: Epe 10:08, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- OK I just followed you on twitter.. talk soon :) Estr4ng3d 10:32, 25 February 2011 (UTC)