Messages for User:Oli-Wan
Editor usage stats
- Ah sorry. Just realised you *are* updating to show iD in the data tables. Just not in the graphs yet. -- Harry Wood (talk) 09:33, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- Exactly. I intend to update the graphs once every six months, to include another complete period of half a year, as preliminary/incomplete data tend to be somewhat distorted especially for the "by number of users" graph. So I'll have to ask you for a few more weeks of patience. However, in the upcoming plots iD will appear only as a single point, which will not be that interesting yet. BTW, the date of the latest update is currently hidden in a comment line above each table, which I guess I should change in the script generating the wiki content. Probably when I rewrite the whole thing. -- Oli-Wan (talk) 10:18, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi Oli. I'm preparing a http://blog.openstreetmap.org blog post about JOSM which will be linking to Editor usage stats page. That's going out shortly -- Harry Wood (talk) 01:25, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
New Statistics possible?
in the editor stats page I read "a growing percentage of users has been using exclusively one of the online editors and not been converted to JOSM users". Actually I'd like to know the reasons for this. Is there an issue we need to fix or is it a logical process. Would it be possible to generate another stats set? Do you still have the old data? Then you could make a table for each important editor (iD, JOSM, Potlatch 1/2):
- How many users are new in this year (not been seen before)
- How many users have not been active year before (i.e. long-time mainly inactive users)
- How many users have been active before, but only with another editor
- How many users have been active constantly.
I think that could help to understand the dynamics a bit. I assume, that the reason is simply the "Everything already done" situation here in Europe which does not attract many new people for more than small edits.