Maps maker pro advertisement
- page is dedicated to projects that use OSM to create something new out of the data
- wordpress integration is part of CMS
- edit was full of promotion (PRO!!!, languages, ...) but the use for community is extreme limited (closed source, n alternative WP plugins out there, ...)
Please also see User:!i!/What a company should never do. Personally I would recommend to keep this plugin out of the wiki, as it has only a very limited special interest and we aren't a wordpress catalogue. Indeed Wordpress has integrated solutions to make searching/picking a plugin easy. Please also make sure that your users respect the Tile usage policy of OSM hosted services and of the other map providers of course too--!i! 18:59, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
- understood - I made a new version, linking to the free version in the WordPress repository. This one is available under the GPL. Left the translations, but removed the link to the translation site. New logo is used though. Hope it fits now.
- Regarding Tile Usage policy: I talked to OSM admins when starting to develop the plugin, and they allowed to use zoom level 18 via WMTS. Users are also encouraged to actively participate in OSM: I added a default "edit" link to all maps, opening the new ID editor and thus helping to encourage participation (the plugin has been downloaded more than 177.000 times, and I choose OSM as default basemap).
Once more, the maps list is dedicated to projects that make use and process OSM data and for example create new maps (see intro). Your plugin is something like frameworks but fits best to CMS, even if it's not dedicated to OSM.
Again, I don't see a reason why you should add it, as there are a lot of other commercial map plugins and we can't add them all. Just to make my performance statement clear: Your customers make use of OSM tile services. It's visitors have different user agents, so we can't filter them if the load get's to heavy. For commercial providers (your customers) we usually highly recommend to setup an own map server or to make use of 3rd party map servers. I would like, if you can communicate this clearly that your plugin doesn't cover this services and might need additional software and ressources. We have donated ressources that are shared for everybody. This is ok for other projects, private persons and maybe small companies that don't cause high traffic.
Linking the GPL version is a good idea (even if I'm not sure about the mix with Leaflet license etc.), but I recommend to link to your github https://github.com/robertharm/Leaflet-Maps-Marker --!i! 21:25, 3 February 2014 (UTC)