- 1 Press
- 2 Business
- 2.1 I want to use OpenStreetMap on my company web site
- 2.2 I want to put my business on OpenStreetMap
- 2.3 I want to earn money with OpenStreetMap
- 2.4 I'm making an iPhone App for OpenStreetMap
- 2.5 What are the advantages/differences to use OpenStreetMap over the Google Maps API?
- 2.6 I want to discuss a commercial licensing agreeement to receive additional rights
- 2.7 Can you recommend a lawyer who can consult on the licensing terms?
- 3 The map is wrong!
Are you doing a story on OpenStreetMap? Find OSM logos, materials resources and map data here. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Logo http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Banner http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Flyers_and_posters
Where can I subscribe to stay up-to-date?
- How complete is the map? tbd
- How does the map compare to other/commercial map providers? tbd
- What is the growth rate of map coverage? tbd
Some OpenStreetMap contributors are available for interviews and background. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Press_Contacts
Are there any official representatives?
Is there an overview on recent press coverage?
You need no special permission to use OpenStreetMap for your business purposes. The permission you need is granted by the OpenStreetmap license. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/License
I want to use OpenStreetMap on my company web site
You want to show people how to find your business using OpenStreetMap? Follow these guides.
I want to put my business on OpenStreetMap
Make sure your company can be found by OpenStreetMap users. Put your business into OpenStreetMap.
I want to earn money with OpenStreetMap
You have an idea for earning money with OpenStreetMap? Great! http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ
I'm making an iPhone App for OpenStreetMap
What are the advantages/differences to use OpenStreetMap over the Google Maps API?
I want to discuss a commercial licensing agreeement to receive additional rights
Sorry! The decentral copyright does not allow alternative licensing terms.
Can you recommend a lawyer who can consult on the licensing terms?
The map is wrong!
OpenSteetMap is the map that you can fix and update so that it is always the most up-to-date, the most accurate map possible.
How to tell others that the map is wrong
Submit a bug at OpenStreetBugs. http://openstreetbugs.appspot.com/