feel free to comment here if you want to contact me :)
Learning platform for Overpass API GSOC '15
- Great! I assume you already know how to use the Overpass API, don't you? I'm open for you ideas, go ahead. -- Tyr (talk) 13:09, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- The process of learning in code academy involves this
- 1.You signup for a course and find a bunch of chapters in that course.
- 2.You can go chapter by chapter or skip to the chapter you want.
- 3.Then they teach you a little by showing an example and a few lines explaining it or just the explanation.
- 5.You move on to other chapters.
- Many users may want to start from scratch to learn the overpass api and many of them may just want to clear a small doubt up. I suggest that something like w3schools but also with dedicated courses like codeacademy would be great(Best of both worlds).
- Coming towards coding up such a platform one of the main questions is whether to use overpass turbo or not. Overpass turbo is great for building queries and running them , however testing the output obtained in order to ensure that the user solved the problem might be hard (or at least thats what I think, not too sure, have been thinking of ways to use it and develop over it). I suggest that overpass turbo be used when just examples have to be showcased and use the platform and leafleft.js (to show the output) when problems are being solved.
- Anyway could we shift the disussion to email or something else?
- PS: Here's something that I started writing just to familiarize myself with leaflet.js , I was just trying to show the query results on a map (I know it's ugly, excuse the looks please and it works only for nodes now).
- --Arjunkrishna94 (talk) 16:17, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comments. Agreed, let's continue via mail. --Tyr (talk) 21:42, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks -- nokutu 21:52, 2 March 2015 (CET)
- Dear Jorge, thank you very much for your interest in the GSoC project. I wouldn't expect the project to be extremely hard, but some prior experience in web development would certainly make a difference. Would this be your very first steps towards web programming? Or do you already know a little bit about HTML&CSS, CMS systems, etc.? -- Tyr (talk) 22:24, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, I haven't done it before but I suppose I would have enough time before starting to learn everything I need. What would you recommend me to learn? -- nokutu 23:40, 2 March 2015 (CET)
Trentino page layout
Grazie per avermi fatto conoscere un nuovo valore display, ho visto anche, facendo ricerca che l'html5 è andato avanti dai tempi in cui giochicchiavo con l'editor, magari modifichero le distanze, ma comunque ho imparato qualcosa di nuovo, grazie ancora. Simone G.
- Di niente! :) --Tyr (talk) 17:38, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello ,I was going through various projects and this one really impressed me.I was wondering what will be the build process of this codeacademy-like-site.
- Will it be following any programming pattern like functional Programming or OOP?
- I created this simple app with leaflet that gets the user's location and displays it on the map.
- I guess your js-foundations are quite sufficient I would say from what I can see. Can you tell me about when and how you found out about OSM and Overpass? Do you have any ideas/suggestions how such a learning platform could be most usefull for beginners? (btw: you can contact me via email, if you want.)
- --Tyr (talk) 10:39, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
I emailed you.Let's move the conversation over there.
Learning Platform - "Best practise" examples in osm wiki
the German "Beispielsammlung" for Overpass API is around for quite some time, collecting many (mostly non-trivial) queries from OSM Forum, OSM help, stackoverflow, gis.stackexchange,....
Now there's a counterpart in English available, which should be a good starting point for a learning platform (Overpass_API/Overpass_API_by_Example). Not everything is yet translated, but I'm sure this will improve in the weeks to come. Mmd (talk) 15:48, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- Awesome, thanks! --Tyr (talk) 18:25, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
Hallo, ich schlage wg. deinem Link in DE:Overpass turbo hier auf.
Vorab mal vielen Danke an alle Beteiligten für dieses prima Werkzeug!
Meine konkrete Frage im Rahmen meiner derzeitigen Versuche: Auf Overpass turbo/MapCSS lese ich: "Some Restrictions [...] zoom-level selectors (e.g. |z12) are not supported (in fact, they are always evaluated for zoom-level 18, regardless of the actual map state)." Soweit mich meine Versuche nicht täuschen, ist das (leider, leider) wirklich so. Ist denn geplant, das mal zu implementieren?
Fragende Grüße aus Kassel
- Hi. Ja, geplant wäre es schon, aber leider komme ich momentan aus Zeitgründen nur sehr selten dazu größere Features weiterzuentwickeln, deshalb wird ein deutlich verbesserter MapCSS noch etwas auf sich warten lassen. Habe den Punkt aber gerade auf die todo-Liste gesetzt. --Tyr (talk) 06:27, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, an 11. Stelle - das liest sich ja alles nicht so hoffnungsvoll ;-)
- Wäre schön, wenn es (irgendwann) was würde, und Du mir dann (über OSM-Wiki oder den OSM-Account) Bescheid sagst, ich stelle mich gern als beta-Tester zu Verfügung.
- Grüße und schönes Wochenende wünscht Jo Cassel (talk) 08:28, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Bug in overpass-turbo ?
Hallo Martin, kannst du dich dieser Frage annehmen bzw. mir mitteilen, ob es sich hier um ein Problem des Overpass Turbo oder des Wikis handelt? Danke und Gruß von René aus Mainz --Reneman (talk) 18:25, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hallo, ich hab dort mal geantwortet. Ist alles außer ein overpass turbo issue. Mmd (talk) 18:37, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Danke @mmd.--Tyr (talk) 09:55, 1 March 2017 (UTC)