WikiProject Hungary/Találkozók/2013.08.04 Tiszafured Mapping Party
International Mapping Party in Tiszafüred — Sunday 4. Aug. 2013
|Tiszafüred, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok megye|
|latitude: 47.7544, longitude: 18.5620|
|Browse map of Tiszafüred 47°45′16″ N, 18°33′43″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Tiszafüred is a city in Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok megye at latitude 47°45′16″ North, longitude 18°33′43″ East.
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: 2013, Sunday August 4th, 9am - 1pm+
- Where: Morotva Kemping, 5350 Tiszafüred, Kastély út 3. (map)
- Email: baptiste AT darthenay DOT fr
- Phone: 0036 20 349 53 59
- Event schedule:
- 9-10am Meeting and dividing up areas
- 10am-1pm Tracking in town
- 1pm-3pm Lunch
- 2pm-6pm Mapping or enjoying the lake :-)
Specificity of this Mapping Party
- This Mapping Party is organized during an International Esperanto Meeting of about 70 participants from 15 countries, called IJS, prononced ijoszó. Some of them might join and help us if they are motivated, even if they are aware of the project just 24 hours before.
- The area is well covered by Bing Maps satellites. The mapping will be slightly different than the previous ones as most of the roads, paths and buildings are already mapped.
The goals of this party would be to map:
- Street names
- House numbers
- Official building, hotels' names
- Restaurants and pubs :-)
- Whatever can fit in OSM!
- Darthenay Baptiste