|latitude: 42.4, longitude: 21|
|Browse Kosovo map 42° 24′ 0″ N, 21° 0′ 0″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Kosovo is a country in Europe at latitude 42° 24′ 0″ North, longitude 21° 0′ 0″ East.
Sources of Information
Need people to help on mapping Kosovo cities!
Nevoja e njerëzve për të ndihmuar mbi hartimin qyteteve të Kosovës
Please register on this wiki page and enter your open street map wiki user name here if you are interested!
Ju lutemi të regjistroheni në këtë faqe wiki dhe shkruani hapur tuaj hartë rruge wiki emri i përdoruesit këtu nëse jeni të interesuar!
Informacion në gjuhën amtare
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to Kosovo.
- Almost all street names are missing. Adding these requires local knowledge, as street signs are rare.
- Add Points of Interest (restaurants, shops, etc.) to the map.
List of places that have some mapped roads.
- WikiProject_Gjilan http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.4654&lon=21.4644&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF
- WikiProject_Prizren http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.211&lon=20.737&zoom=10&layers=B000FTF
see my list of streets here: http://kosova.wikia.com/wiki/PrishtinaStreets
- Fushë Kosovë
- Hani i Elezit
I've started to make the main connecting roads between the towns "primary" roads. Few roads were being classified as primary, with the result being too many secondary roads, few tertiary roads and lots of unknown types.
What is done?
- Some parts of Gjilan
- Highway from Prishtina to Gjilan, Gjilan to PRN-SKP highway
- Some parts of Pristina.
- Highway from Prishtinë to Скопје.
- Highway from Prishtinë to Prizren.
- Highway from Prishtinë to Junik.
- GPS logs from Prishtinë to Mitrovicë
- GPS logs from Prishtinë to Pejë
- GPS logs from Mitrovicë to Pejë
- The entire street network in vector format has been donated and has to be uploaded :
- 10 million + data points from Logistics Plus :
- The highres data from Prishtina :
The original file we got: http://www.archive.org/editxml/PrishtinaStreets dxf format
Transformed to new coordinate system : http://www.archive.org/details/PrishtinaOpensourceMap
And converted to OSM: http://www.archive.org/details/PrishtinaStreetsOSM
What needs to be done?
- Decide what language should be used for names on the map (Serbian or Albanian). This is a highly political decision, so I am not adding any names until some policy has been agreed upon.
-Hi I am user Hakerche and I think that Kosovo should be mapped in both languages. But it was part of Serbia until few days ago, so maybe it should still remain on Serbian language.
- Hi, I'm user Jkos. I think that street names will have to be in the local language. Given that they're mostly names, some are Albanian names, others are Serbian names, etc. City names should probably be in both languages as Serbian & Albanian are both official languages.
- Hello, I think that the street names should be in a bigger size in albanian, and a smaller size in serbian. Kosovo is now a Independent State and the language there is 95 % Albanian.
- HI! I would like to invite you all to join my workgroup. I have been working on kosovo, editing it and recruiting more people. you can see our workgroup here: http://sfk2009.ning.com/group/openstreetmapkosova If you have a navigator phone, you can also make tracks and upload them. Hope to see some more editors for Kosovo, and be sure to come to our conference on the 29/30 of august. http://kosovasoftwarefreedom.org/
--H4ck3rm1k3 19:11, 2 August 2009 (UTC) H4ck3rm1k3
- user:Þórir Már - Goes on occasional trips to Kosovo for work.
- user:H4ck3rm1k3 - is working on recruiting new editors
- user:Drlizau - Providing long distance mentoring and assistance with equipment.
- user:BesfortGuri - Full time editing all roads of Kosovo, supported by Logistics Plus. Working in recruiting new editors, and adding new features, translating materials in Albanian.
- User:Bessian - Editing roads and places of interest in Ferizaj.
- user:Ant - Mitrovica