|latitude: -19, longitude: 47.1|
|Browse Madagascar map 19° 0′ 0″ S, 47° 6′ 0″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Madagascar is a Country in Africa at latitude 19° 0′ 0″ South, longitude 47° 6′ 0″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
As most local users are speaking French, the main page is more detailled in that language. See the French WikiProject on Madagascar.
Since March 2015, you can subscribe to the Malagasy mailing list ! So you can stay informed about news, debates on design rules, news...
This does not mean that your help is not needed :
- If you travel to Madagascar, all your GPS files are very much appreciated.
- Especially under forest cover.
- Smoothness of roads is something you can add too: bad road travel are usually remembered ! ;-)
- If you use satellite imagery from home, add roads, tracks and residential area, only if you have a good Bing definition.
- Correcting roads from poor imagery is too much work. Check the Bing Imagery availability with the link below:
- recommendation : Begin mapping with the coast.
- If a hurricane hits the country, this area is needed first (notably the Eastern coast which will be hit first with the highest damages).