WikiProject United States/Imports And Automated Edits
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
About this page
What you won't find on this page
- Potential data sources that are being considered by the community for importing into OpenStreetMap. There is a separate page listing those resources. This page is only concerned with imports that are completed.
- Technical details on the individual imports. Please refer to the linked pages for information on techniques and tools, attribute mapping and other import metadata.
- Discussion on imports and fixbots. This is generally conducted on the imports, talk-us or talk mailing lists. To learn about how and why the community decided on specific imports, search the archives of these lists or ask.
- TIGER - Roads
- GNIS - Geographical names
- National Park Service - National Park boundaries
- National Hydrography - Hydrography is this nationwide? The effort seems regional
Fixbots and Scripts
- Road Name Expansion script - See this blog entry
- TIGER tag removal on nodes by woodpeck_fixbot, performed 8/2009 to 12/2009 - See mailing list post
Local and Statewide
- SanGIS -- Building Footprints, Military bases, National Parks, Bus Stops, Addresses
District of Columbia
- MGC - has this import taken place? It is in the Import Catalog.