WikiProject United States/Resources
|U.S. Main||News||Projects||Tags||TIGER fixup|
Please respect the copyright of these sites:
- OSM Mapper can be used to track recent updates to the map.
- OpenStreetBugs can be used to mark spots on the map that need to be fixed.
- FHWA National Highway System -- Naming is not great and there are restrictions on use
Very useful for Landmarks such as parks, cemeteries, water features, hospitals, land use, etc. Some information is outdated such as T.B. sanitariums and Civil War hospitals so additional research may be required.
- US Forest Service Data
- National Hydrography Dataset
- California/Dataset collection of resources in CA
- geofabrik downloads include of OpenStreetMap data for the U.S. in PBF format. The US is split by these regional divisions. Updated daily.
- Using OpenStreetMap#Displaying streets on a handheld GPS - lists some downloads available for various states across the US, for use on devices