Foundation/AGM18/Election to Board
Foundation members voted to elect a new board at the 2018 AGM in December
Tobias Knerr and Joost Schouppe received the most votes and were elected to the board.
Two seats were available in this election (of Peter Barth and Martijn van Exel). Meanwhile the terms of Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Heather Leson and Frederik Ramm were continuing. There are a total of seven seats on the foundation board.
|Result||Name||Nationality||Residence||OSMF member since||OSMuser link||Manifesto|
|Elected||Tobias Knerr||German||Germany||2009-02-24 (confirmed)||Tordanik (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Tobias Knerr|
|Jo Walsh||British||Scotland||2015-11-01 (confirmed)||Ultrazool (zool on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Jo Walsh|
|Geoffrey Kateregga||Ugandan||Uganda||2017-10-11 (confirmed)||Kateregga1 (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Geoffrey Kateregga|
|Elected||Joost Schouppe||Belgian||Belgium||2015-08-15 (confirmed)||Joost_schouppe (joost schouppe on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Joost Schouppe|
|Guillaume Rischard||Luxembourgish||Luxembourg||2013-05-03 (confirmed)||Stereo (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Guillaume Rischard|
|Miriam Gonzalez||Mexican||Mexico||2015-11-19 (confirmed)||Mapanauta (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Miriam Gonzalez|
|Nuno Caldeira||Portuguese||Portuguese||2018-10-18 (confirmed)||Nunocaldeira (NunoCaldeira on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Nuno Caldeira|
Other old election details
Questions to Candidates - New process
This year (based on discussions on osmf-talk and within the board) we thought it would be a good idea to have a structured question gathering process.
- We invited members to post their questions to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election to Board, up to 2018-11-17 (see the bottom of this page for other key dates).
- When nominations closed Michael Collinson acted as a facilitator, gathering the questions, organising them and publishing an official set for the candidates.
- Candidates then submitted their answers and manifestos directly to him and cc our administrative assistant (email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org). It was up to the candidates to answer all the questions or just a few of them, but our suggestion was to answer all of them.
- When all candidates submitted their answers via email, all answers/manifestos were published at once.
- Discussion then commenced, baring in mind that 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC was when voting opened.
"We expect this to be the official election campaign process. We won't restrict members to continue to talk on our members' mailing list nor will we restrict candidates to continue discussions, but we don't encourage them to do so. The official answers and questions thereof should be what voters use to judge."
Only fully paid up members will be able to vote, and only those who have already become members 30 days prior to the AGM date.
Voting will be organised in a similar way to last year. Voting members will receive an email from the on-line voting service with links to the on-line ballot for each ballot measure. The election will be carried out under single transferable vote rules (STV). Each foundation member will cast their vote by ranking candidates according to their preference. A maximum of two will be elected.
See voting information and instructions for details.
A detailed run-down of how the transferable votes were transferred, is given on the OSMF website.
Anonymised ballots can be downloaded from Opavote till 26 Feb 2019 at 13:45 UTC.
Key election dates
- 2018-11-06: Start of submission of nominations (this page) and questions via this Wiki.
- 2018-11-15: Deadline for becoming a new member eligible to vote or to stand for election.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to put themselves forward for election by adding their information on the candidates' table of this page.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to post questions for the candidates to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board.
- 2018-11-17: Official set of questions published by the facilitator.
- 2018-11-30: Candidates' answers and manifestos published by the facilitator or the board.
- 2018-11-30 to 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Community discussion.
- 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Voting opens (exactly 1 week before AGM).
- 2018-12-15 16:00 UTC Start of Annual General Meeting on IRC, Deadline for voting.