Foundation/AGM18/Election to Board
Foundation members will vote to elect a new board in December.
To become a director on the board, you must be a member, not an associate member.
To run for the board election, add your name at the bottom of the table. Deadline for members to put themselves forward for election: 17 November.
If you want more information about what the board does and does not do, scope of the OSMF board has an overview of the scope. You can also read the view of a current board member. A lot of the foundation's work is done by working groups, and if you want to help the foundation, you can look at joining those.
If you see yourself as the OSMF's next treasurer, please read the email of our current treasurer, Frederik Ramm, and stand for election!
|Result||Name||Nationality||Residence||OSMF member since||OSMuser link||Manifesto||Answers to the official questions|
|Tobias Knerr||German||Germany||2009-02-24 (confirmed)||Tordanik (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Tobias Knerr||Answers to the official questions|
|Jo Walsh||British||Scotland||2015-11-01 (confirmed)||Ultrazool (zool on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Jo Walsh|
|Geoffrey Kateregga||Ugandan||Uganda||2017-10-11 (confirmed)||Kateregga1 (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Geoffrey Kateregga|
|Joost Schouppe||Belgian||Belgium||2015-08-15 (confirmed)||Joost_schouppe (joost schouppe on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Joost Schouppe|
|Guillaume Rischard||Luxembourgish||Luxembourg||2013-05-03 (confirmed)||Stereo (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Guillaume Rischard|
|Miriam Gonzalez||Mexican||Mexico||2015-11-19 (confirmed)||Mapanauta (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Miriam Gonzalez|
|Nuno Caldeira||Portuguese||Portuguese||2018-10-18 (confirmed)||Nunocaldeira (NunoCaldeira on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)||Nuno Caldeira|
The deadline for members to put themselves forward for election has passed.
Two seats are available in this election (of Peter Barth and Martijn van Exel). Meanwhile the terms of Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Heather Leson and Frederik Ramm continue. There are a total of seven seats on the foundation board.
Candidates' answers and manifestos
Questions to Candidates - New process
This year (based on discussions on osmf-talk and within the board) we thought it would be a good idea to have a structured question gathering process.
- We invite members to post their questions to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election to Board, up to 2018-11-17 (see the bottom of this page for other key dates).
- When nominations close (or shortly after), Michael Collinson will act as a facilitator: he will gather the questions, organise them and will publish an official set for the candidates.
- Candidates will be then kindly asked to submit their answers and manifestos directly to him and cc our administrative assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com). It's up to the candidates to answer all the questions or just a few of them. Our suggestion is to answer all of them.
- When all candidates have submitted their answers via email, there will be a given date when all answers/manifestos will be published at once. The proposed date is: 2018-11-30.
- Then discussion commences, preferably until 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC, when voting opens.
We expect this to be the official election campaign process. We won't restrict members to continue to talk on our members' mailing list nor will we restrict candidates to continue discussions, but we don't encourage them to do so. The official answers and questions thereof should be what voters use to judge.
Only fully paid up members will be able to vote, and only those who have already become members 30 days prior to the AGM date.
Voting will be organised in a similar way to last year. Voting members will receive an email from the on-line voting service with links to the on-line ballot for each ballot measure. The election will be carried out under single transferable vote rules (STV). Each foundation member will cast their vote by ranking candidates according to their preference. A maximum of two will be elected.
See voting information and instructions for details.
Detailed results will be available here after the AGM.
Key election dates
2018-11-06: Start of submission of nominations (this page) and questions via this Wiki. 2018-11-15: Deadline for becoming a new member eligible to vote or to stand for election. 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to put themselves forward for election by adding their information on the candidates' table of this page. 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to post questions for the candidates to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board. 2018-11-17: Official set of questions published by the facilitator. 2018-11-30: Candidates' answers and manifestos published by the facilitator or the board.
- 2018-11-30 to 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Community discussion.
- 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Voting opens (exactly 1 week before AGM).
- 2018-12-15 16:00 UTC Start of Annual General Meeting on IRC, Deadline for voting.