|leisure = playground|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Marks a children's playground. These are outdoor (sometimes indoor) areas for children to play. Often they provide equipment such as swings, climbing frames and roundabouts. They are often part of a larger park, but are also found in residential areas.
How to Map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - name of the playground
- surface=* - grass, sand, rubbercrumb, woodchips etc
- wheelchair=yes/no/limited if the equipment can be used by wheelchair users
- min_age=* Minimum age of the user in years
- max_age=* Maximum age of the user in years
- operator=* - eg, the name of the local council or school
- access=private/customers for playgrounds unavailable to public. It is not necessary to use explicit access=yes for public ones but it is OK to do that.
- indoor=yes for indoor playgrounds (outdoor is default)
- fee=yes when entrance is charged (typical for indoor situations)
- supervised=yes for places with non-parental supervision of children (no is default)
Equipment and features within the playground should be mapped individually as separate nodes/areas, details are found here: playground=*.
Fewer mappers prefer to describe the available equipment as a summary list with prefix-tags described in playground:=*.
- tourism=picnic_site - on a node, refers to a picnic bench. Note there is some debate at the moment as to whether one should use leisure=picnic_table instead - see Tag:leisure=picnic_table
- barrier=fence or barrier=wall for the perimeter
- barrier=gate for a node on the perimeter