Proposed features/aerialway=zip line
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||use this tag for aerial ropeslides, flying-fox and tyrolean traverses|
|Rendered as:||generally like other aerial lifts|
A zip-line is used to transport people or material down a inclined fixed rope or wire, typically without propulsion sliding down by gravity. There may be auxiliary wires for security or operation.
This tag can be also used to tag tyrolean traverses.
Please do not add anything to this proposal but ensure all relevant information is in the tag description page.
How to map
Other tags of likely interest for tagging:
- toll=*, fee=*
- foot=* - pedestrians allowed?
- highway=via_ferrata and sac_scale=*
For zip lines on playgrounds:
- playground=* - see proposal for use as relation grouping playground elements together
Private/forestry zip lines:
Ziplines for the transport of goods:
- foot=* - passengers explicitly forbidden
- usage=freight - used for freight, passengers or personel may be allowed in some cases (+ foot=yes)
- usage=industrial - freight transport in industrial areas or mines
Forestry zipline used for downhill transport of logs:
Overlap with playground zipwires
There is no clear technical difference distinguishing playground zipwires and aerialway=zip_line, the same structure that is in a playground could be used to transport people across a river.
The information contained in playground=zipwire could be adequately described with aerialway=zip_line + max_age=* + leisure=playground + access restrictions and technical description but playground=zipwire is more compact and widespread for this purpose.