- The OpenStreetMap Foundation ask for donations. 1
- Geofabrik has published a blog entry about State of the Map in Brussels.
- Пользователь Escada shares his experience of attending State of the Map conference in Brussels.
-  OSM Foundation asks you to donate to help preserve OpenStreetMap's continued independence as a project.
- Happy to announce that weeklyOSM now appears in Italian language as well thanks to sabas88 and Martin Koppenhöfer. Both are still looking for collaborators.
- Miami Herald reports on mapping activities on Havana for local mappers and the Mapillary executive Cossio.
- Ever been confused about using
amenity=restaurant? Check out the latest discussion on the talk-US list.
- Mapaton Xalapa 2016 is a series of coordinated events mapping public transport routes in Xalapa, Mexico. The project has an android app MapMap also available for download.
- Helge Fahrnberger opened a proposal
Piste:type=connectionthat would allow you to connect ski lifts to ski pistes.
- At the end of September the summer Quarterly Project "farmyards" came to an end and Mappa Mercia summarized the results. On the mailing list Talk-GB the quarterly project for the autumn will be presented: Mapping using the UK Food Hygiene Ratings dataset.
- People on the German OSM users forum discuss whether a bunker below the city centre of Dortmund, which is partially secret and cannot be accessed, should be deleted. (Deutsch) (автоматический перевод)
- Aun Johnsen makes the argument that
highway=roadis an annoyance, why editors and presets should remove it, and why the wiki should warn about its use.
- The Swiss OSM Association has purchased aerial imagery of canton of Aargau as it happens every second year. Simon Poole asks (Deutsch) at Talk-ch mailing list for donations to cover the expenses. (автоматический перевод)
- Mapbox is looking for an English teacher to hire for their data team in Ayacucho, Peru. In return, he/she will learn how to map.
- After a remark on the problems with addresses in Brussels by Sarah Hoffmann, Glenn Plas developed a tool to detect those problems, i.e. mismatch between addr:street and name due to the bilingual names of the streets
- Walter (wambacher), is looking for a new server for the international project Boundaries Map FOSSGIS probably pays a rented server. He asked unsuccessfully for four months for donations. Restrictions per IP address and per user will be established.
- The UK community ask for final comments on their proposed Articles of Association following review by pro bono lawyers.
- Maning compared some cities in Asia with regard to their node count and made some observations in these graphs.
- In 2014, the OSMF approved a program for people who have difficulty paying the annual membership fee, to allow them to be members for free, but this has never been implemented. If you are interested in helping to define the rules of this program, please contact the Membership Working Group
- Following Simon Poole's suggestion on the Osmf-talk mailing list to 'spend some money' to increase development activity on OpenStreetMap's core website, there was a discussion on possible next steps.
- HOT is going to activate and update map data in Haiti and Jamaica following Hurricane Matthew. Start mapping and spread the word about these high priority projects.
- HOT is hiring a part-time Operations Coordinator. The deadline for applying is October 11th, 2016.
- monochome.com is now selling pillows, skirts, and tablecloths with self-selectable map excerpts.
- Linda Poon (Atlantic-CITYLAB) reported about Mapbox's new "mentor program" for American cities to integrate OpenData via OSM into appropriate urban platforms.
- Sebastian Kürten introduces a new open source desktop viewer: Jeography is Java GIS toolkit with a focus on OpenStreetMap data. The main GUI is for browsing the map and performing some geo data related tasks.
- On January 31st, 2017, Mapbox will end support for some of its products such as TileMill, Mapbox.com/editor and the v3 endpoint of the Mapbox GeoCoding API.
- Ilya has offered a EUR 100 reward for the first person to implement a service to subscribe to OSM diary post comments. Mikel Maron and user Stereo added a EUR 100 each.
|PostGIS||2.3.0||2016-09-26||Support parallel processing when using PostgreSQL 9.6|
|Komoot Android *||var||2016-09-28||Swipe-to-pause gesture and minor improvements.|
|Komoot iOS *||8.4||2016-09-28||Modifications for iOS 10|
|Mapillary iOS *||4.4.15||2016-09-28||Two bugs fixed.|
|Maps.me Android *||var||2016-09-28||Height profiles for pedestrians and cyclists, improvement of search and map editor.|
|Maps.me iOS *||6.4.3||2016-09-28||Height profiles for pedestrians and cyclists, improvement of search and map editor.|
|PostgreSQL||9.6.0||2016-09-29||Highliht: Parallel support, please read release info.|
|BRouter||1.4.6||2016-09-30||Improved memory footprint, tweaked recalculation timeout logic.|
|Leaflet||1.0.1||2016-09-30||Completely revised version, please read release information.|
|Magic Earth *||18.104.22.168||2016-09-30||No specific information.|
|Mapbox GL JS||v0.25.1||2016-09-30||Bug fix of the currently released version v0.25.0|
|Traccar Client Android ?||3.12||2016-10-01||Fix some small issues.|
|Mapillary Android *||2.42||2016-10-03||Bug fixes with login, signup and camera when receiving calls.|
А вы знаете …
- … the Android library Lost by Mapzen? It is a free replacement for the proprietary Location APIs which are part of Google Play Services.
Другие “гео” события
- Thomas Skowron had a look at Apple Maps on iOS 10 from the point of view of an active OSM contributor.
- The popular weather forecast application Dark Sky has re-launched its web version, previously known as forecast.io, with dynamic maps which are using OpenStreetMap data in the background.
- How open is Mapillary? Richlv poses the question on the Mapillary forum.
- Mapillary started to use semantic segmentation on its image dataset. This technology makes it possible to partition an image into different regions which get a label (e.g. road, sky, building, vehicle).
- Pokemon Go players are using an overpass turbo link to collect information on where Pokemon creatures are likely to "spawn" locally. As reported previously there is some evidence Niantic may be using OSM data to decide on spawn points. (Originally from Reddit)
EE Times Automotive reported that navigation provider TomTom cooperates with graphics chip vendor NVIDIA to develop a third open cloud-based platform for autonomous driving.
- Joost Schouppe explains how to use OSM data to improve government data.
|Лион||Rencontre mensuelle mappeurs||11/10/2016||Франция|
|Nantes||Initiation à OpenStreetMap, Fête de la Science||15/10/2016-16/10/2016||Франция|
|Favara||Mapping party dei vicoli, cortili, scalinate, archi e orti del centro antico di Favara, Organizzato dalla Molitec, Farm Cultural Park e Tivissima||16/10/2016||Италия|
|Брюссель||Meetup at Café de Markten||18/10/2016||Бельгия|
|Colorado||Humanitarian Mapathon University of Northern Colorado, Greeley||20/10/2016||us|
|Antwerp||Missing Maps @ IPIS||26/10/2016||Бельгия|
- Примечание: Если вы хотели бы видеть Ваше мероприятие здесь, пожалуйста, поместите его в календарь. Только данные из этого календаря появится в ЕженедельникеОСМ. Пожалуйста проверьте ваше событие в нашем публичном календаре, сделайте предпросмотр и исправьте его в случае изменений, если необходимо..
Этот выпуск подготовлен Harry Wood, Laura Barroso, Nakaner, Peda, Polyglot, RobJN, Rogehm, SrrReal, TheFive, YoViajo, derFred, escada, jinalfoflia, mgehling, muramototomoya, sabas88, seumas, wambacher.