|advertising = sign|
|Sign, used for advertising signs, neon signs, logos & institutional entrance signs|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Sign, for example on roofs or facades of commercial buildings, used to identify the business, or promote a product or service. Also used for neon signs (use luminous=*), logos & place signs/institutional entrance signs (like schools, power plants, wastewater treatment plants, landfills, large hospital or university campuses, etc.).
- name=* - if the sign is well known enough to have a common name
- inscription=* - the text on the sign
- lit=* - the sign is lit, i.e. lights are positioned to reflect off it making it visible at night
- luminous=* - indicates whether the sign is luminous, i.e. it directly emits some light, rather than just having lights reflected off it.
- animated=* - indicates whether the sign is animated, and the way it is animated.
- material=* - what the sign is made of (stone, metal, etc.)