|amenity = bicycle_repair_station|
|A public tool for self-repair of bicycles.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A unattended public bicycle repair area, typically featuring tools, a pump and a repair stand.
|service:bicycle:pump||yes/no||unknown||there is an air pump with both Presta and Schrader style valves.|
|service:bicycle:chain_tool||yes/no||unknown||there is a tool for repairing broken links in a bicycle chain.|
|opening_hours=*||<value>||24/7||Usually 24/7 (can be different if it is indoor)|
|operator=*||[name]||The party responsible for maintenance (usually the property owner, but not always).|
|brand=*||[name]||The manufacturer of the station, if it is a standard design (e.g. "Dero", "Bike Fixstation", or "RepairSTAN"). For a list of vendors see this guide.|
|lastcheck:status=*||[working] [needs_repair]||A report of the last field check of this facility. Is it fully operational? In need of repair?|
- Repair Stations on uMap shows all mapped stations worldwide, but loads quite slowly.
- A producer of such tool stands, Dero, uses OSM data for the Dero Fixit Map.
- Import/Dero_Bike_Repair - Early 2015 import of 500 or so bicycle tool stands. The Dero company now enters locations directly into OSM, and builds their private map from this data.
Revising Existing Tagging
Prior to development of this tag, mappers were using various hacks to get this feature to render. Those hacks included:
- amenity=bicycle_parking with a capacity of zero
- shop=bicycle with tags indicating the shop does not sell anything