|amenity = mist_spraying_cooler|
|A place where people can cool down by standing under nozzles spraying a fine mist of cool water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A amenity=mist_spraying_cooler is a place where people go to cool themselves off on a hot day. It is usually in the form of a gate or arch under which a person can stand. It has multiple nozzles that spray very small droplets of cool water.
Some more search terms: misting arch, cooling gate, archway, system, station, inflatable tunnel, tent, fan, mistcooling, misters, fine-mist.
A mist spraying cooler is unique compared to a fountain in the following:
- standing in the water is encouraged (where for fountains it is usually prohibited)
- usually operates from potable water (no added disinfectant)
- usually runs from the tap, not on a closed cycle
- usually works without electricity
- it has cool water
In Hungarian, it is called "párakapu" (from the words mist ("pára") and gate ("kapu").
For further information, please refer to:
The following sub-tags can be used to refine the POI:
- mist_spraying_cooler=* can specify the kind of device installed, like gate, arch, pole, beam, fan or ground.
- height=* maximal height
- material=* what is it made of