|amenity = waste_basket|
|A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.|
|Group: Waste Processing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A waste basket is a single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
It can also be called a rubbish bin, litter bin, trash can, or garbage can.
How to map
Place a node at the location of the bin, and add the tag amenity=waste_basket to it. Since they're so small, it's unlikely a waste basket would be represented as an area.
- waste=* to specify the kind of waste the bin is intended for. Useful for specific waste collectors like old drugs.
- amenity=waste_disposal - A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. May be in the street, but not primarily for use by passing pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=waste_transfer_station: A location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.
- landuse=landfill: A site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.
- bin=*: to indicate that a facility contains a bin.
- Waste Processing - Page describing all tags related to waste management.