|amenity = bank|
|A financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit money and take loans.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag amenity=bank is used to map a bank branch: a financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit and withdraw money, take loans, make investments and transfer funds. This definition encompasses banks, credit unions, building societies, and other similar establishments. It does not include money lenders (use shop=money_lender) or financial offices that are not banks (use office=financial).
How to Map
Tags to use in combination
- Address tag family can be used to specify an address
- Payment tag family can be used to specify how one may pay at this location
- branch=* if the bank is part of a , consider using this to uniquely identify the town or street where it's located.
- bic=* - to add the tag uniquely identifying the branch using the international ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Code. This is not widely used by mappers yet.
- drive_through=yes/no - Bank offers drive through service.
- atm=yes/no - Good to specify if the bank does not have an ATM.
- brand=* - the brand of the bank (e.g. Deutsche Bank)
- operator=* - to define which company the branch belongs to (e.g., Deutsche Bank AG).
Most banks have ATMs, many of them accessible within the same bank premises. In cases where the machines are located at a different side of the building (e.g. external walls) or an odd place (e.g. a different building across the street), tagging a separate node to point out their location could be more useful rather than just reaffirming their existence with atm=yes.