|amenity = give_box|
|A small facility where people drop off and pick up various types of items in the sense of free sharing and reuse.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag amenity=give_box is used to map a give box: a small facility where people drop off and pick up various types of (none food) items such as clothes, small appliances, dishes, toys, books, CDs in the sense of free sharing and reuse. The facility can be a small box, shelf, cabinet, phone box or shack with shelf's. But they all have the same principles, a space of free sharing, reuse, solidarity, and they are organized by the community. Usually only the size of the facility limits the types of items.
Sometimes those facilities are run inside a building, such as the entrance area of a community centre, apartment building or other leisure activity places, and the operator of those facilities is the host.
Tags used in combination
|name=*||Optional. If the facility has a name.|
|description=*||Optional. Add details on how to find easily the facility.|
|opening_hours=*||Optional. If the facility is in a shop, cafe etc. Can be an important information.|
|brand=*, network=*||Optional. Name of the brand or network of the facility if there is one visible.|
|operator=*||Optional. Name of the operator, for example a restaurant that provides the facility within its walls.|
|location=*||Optional. Use |
|access=*||Optional. Use |
|website=*, contact:website=*||Optional. Website of the facility, if one exists.|
|contact:facebook=*||Optional. Facebook page of the facility, if one exists.|
|ref=*||Optional. If the facility has a reference number.|
|wheelchair=*||Optional. Please add this attribute cause a lot of facility do not have wheelchair access.|
|lit=*||Optional. Add this tag if the facility is lit.|
|covered=*||Optional. Use |
Checkout contact=* for more contact tags.
Usually, a givebox is a small facility, everyone is free to give and/or take any kind of small items except food. The distinction will sometimes be a matter of judgment. Here are a few suggestions how related facilities could be documentedː
amenity=give_box + clothes=only- For a give box where only clothes are preferred.
amenity=give_box + shoes=only- For a give box where only shoes are preferred.
amenity=give_box + art=only- For a give box where only art are preferred.
amenity=give_box + electronics=no- For a give box where electronics are not preferred.
amenity=give_box + hiking=yes- For a give box with items from Hikers for Hikers. (Hiker box)
- Priceless Map A map showing give boxes. The map is based on OSM data.
Possible tagging mistakes
- amenity=freeshop - For a larger facility of the same purpose that consists of separated, dedicated room(s).
- amenity=public_bookcase - For a give box where only books are preferred.
- social_facility=food_bank - For a place you can give and take food.
- amenity=recycling - For a place where you can give things but not take.
- shop=charity or shop=second_hand - For a shop where you can buy or donated second hand goods.
- amenity=library, amenity=toy_library, shop=rental - For places where you can borrow things.
- amenity=parcel_locker - Automated box for sending and receiving private parcels (not for sharing).