Jump to navigation Jump to search
|amenity = shelter|
|A small place to protect against bad weather conditions|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shelter is small place to protect against bad weather conditions.
How to map
When hiking people need water. Consider making sure that all streams, rivers and lakes near the shelter are also mapped.
Tags to use in combination
- shelter_type=* - describes the type of the shelter accurately
- shelter_type=basic_hut - contained cottage (if it has a fireplace inside then tag it tourism=wilderness_hut instead)
- shelter_type=lean_to - open shelter
- shelter_type=picnic_shelter - A design that provides protection against rain on picnic areas.
- shelter_type=rock_shelter - A rock shelter is a shallow cave-like opening at the base of a bluff or cliff
- shelter_type=public_transport - Small shelters at bus stops or platforms along rail or bus routes
- bench=yes — To specify if there's a bench in the shelter.
- table=yes — To specify if there's a table in the shelter.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water
- building=* — For shelters that are buildings.
- access=* — If appropriate.
Alternative rendering for bus shelter
This is a rendering proposal for your own map: