From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|fortification_type = hill_fort|
|Hill fort - a type of earthworks used as a fortified refuge or defended settlement|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a type of earthworks used as a fortified refuge or defended settlement, located to exploit a rise in elevation for defensive advantage.
How to Map
Tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the fortification
- tourism=attraction - if the fortification is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - fortification is registered by an official heritage organisation.