|highway = bus_guideway|
|A busway that is side guided "rails like", not suitable for other traffic.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Guided buses are buses steered for part or all of their route by external means, usually on a dedicated "track" or guideway. This guideway, which often parallels existing roads, excludes all other traffic, permitting the maintenance of reliable schedules on heavily used corridors even during rush hours.
Guidance systems can be either physical, such as kerbs (in American and Canadian English, "curbs"), or remote, such as optical or radio guidance.
Do not use this on normal paved roadways that are designated for buses only.
|name=*||Name of the guideway (if applicable).|
|operator=*||Name of operator if known.|
- lanes:bus=* / lanes:psv=* - Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for buses / Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for Public Service Vehicles (buses, taxis etc.)
- bus:lanes=* / psv:lanes=* - For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus) per lane / For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus and taxi) per lane
- bus_bay=* - A bus bay outside the main carriageway for boarding/alighting
- highway=busway - proposal for mapping other busways which are not guideways.
- highway=service + service=busway - alternative tagging for other busways which are not guideways.