|highway = platform|
|A platform at a bus stop or station.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|[[Object as line: |
Object as area: |]]
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The highway=platform tag is used for platforms (raised structures) along the side of a road where passengers get on and off busses and/or trams. The equivalent tag for railway platforms is railway=platform.
This tag differs from the tag public_transport=platform which only means a place where passengers board or alight from public transport vehicles; it does not need to be a physical platform. Therefore, public_transport=platform is often tagged with highway=platform or railway=platform, respectively.
How to Map
Draw a line way along the center of the platform or create an area around the outline of the platform, and add the tag highway=platform. You may also add the tag to a node at the location of the platform.
- ref=* - the reference number of the platform
- route_ref=* - the reference number of the bus route that serves the platform
- name=* - If the platform has a common name (not a reference number)
- operator=* - the name of the operator of the bus service and platform
- wheelchair=* - wheelchair accessibility
- bench=* - is there a bench on the platform?
- bin=* - is there a waste bin?
- shelter=* - is there a covered shelter?
- toilets=* - are there toilets?
- highway=bus_stop - tag for all bus stops, including those without a platform
- railway=platform - tag for train and tram platforms
- Proposed_features/platform – approved proposal and voting on railway=platform and highway=platform from 2008
- Proposed features/Public Transport – approved proposal and voting on public_transport=platform (among others) from 2011 - however, this tag is also used for bus stops without a physical platform.