|historic = wayside_shrine|
|A historical shrine often showing a religious depiction.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shrine placed by a road or pathway showing a religious depiction. Frequently found along the way in Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia and probably elsewhere.
This tag is also used to mark shrines created in modern times (not just "historic" ones).
All of these additional tags are optional:
- name=* if it has a name
- religion=* (in Europe it is usually religion=christian)
- denomination=* - for example denomination=catholic or denomination=orthodox
- amenity=place of worship if it is a place of worship
- tourism=attraction if it is a tourist attraction
- ruins=yes if it's a ruin
- start_date=* erection/sacrification date
- support=* mounted on pedestal/tree/ground/etc.
- on Wikipedia