|internet_access = wlan|
|Specifies that a feature offers a WLAN wireless internet Hotspot (Wi-Fi)|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A wireless Internet hotspot is a site that offers public Internet access over a wireless local area network (WLAN) through the use of a router connected to an Internet service provider. Public internet Hotspots typically use Wi-Fi technology.
This tag is for indicating that a map feature such as a cafe, shop, restaurant, etc. offers internet access to the public, either as a paid service or for free.
See internet_access=* for more information.
How to map
- Add the tag internet_access=wlan to a feature such as an internet cafe, shop, restaurant, library, campsite, hotel or other location that offers public wireless internet access.
- Add the tag internet_access:fee=yes/no/customers if it is know whether payment or purchase is required.
- internet_access:operator=* may be added to specify the network operator of the internet service
- internet_access:ssid=* - may be added to specify the network name ("ssid"). This ID should be the value of the tag.
- amenity=internet_cafe - For a feature whose principal role is providing internet services to the public, usually for a fee based on the time used, use amenity=internet_cafe in addition to this tag.