Jump to navigation Jump to search
|leisure = golf_course|
|A golf course|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais the grounds where the game of golf is played.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- golf:course=* - number of holes
- golf:par=* - Difficulty of a golf course
Features within a golf course
For details on how to map/tag features refer to their specific pages.
Applies to all features:
- Do not use sport=golf or leisure=pitch.
- Avoid using landuse=* or natural=* tags to indicate its surface, use surface=* instead.
|tee||An area where play begins on a golf hole.||1|
|hole||A hole is represented by a way along the standard playing path from the tee to the green.||10|
|fairway||An area between the tee and green where the surface is smooth usually grass is cut even and short.||7|
|green||An area of smooth ground surrounding a pin flag usually of short grass.||8|
|pin||The location of the pin flag.||9|
|bunker||A type of hazard in the form of a depression in the ground filled with sand.||5|
|rough||Areas within bounds which usually have longer length of grass.||3|
|water_hazard||A natural obstacle designed to add difficulty to a golf course.||2|
|lateral_water_hazard||A natural obstacle designed to add difficulty to a golf course.||6|
|driving_range||A driving range is an area where golfers can practice their golf swing.|
|out_of_bounds||Usually defined by white stakes or lines.||4|
|clubhouse||The building dedicated as a clubhouse. Always tag building=* for the building itself.|
Common mapping pitfalls
- Adding name=* to objects like name=bunker, name=fairway 1, name=18th Hole etc. This is not required.
- Adding duplicate ways on top of already existing highway ways and tagging them as golf=cartpath
- Drawing ad-hoc building shapes that don’t resemble the real structures
- Deleting objects and redrawing them instead of improving the shape. If there is already a hole/fairway/etc. there, update it.
- Wrapping polygon areas around a hole and leaving a tiny open gap. Use multipolygons instead.
- Drawing duplicate water areas to tag them as water hazards, for example
- Overlapping green/fairway/rough polygons (see graphic below).
- leisure=miniature_golf for a mini-golf/crazy golf centre.
- leisure=disc_golf_course - Disc Golf Course
- leisure=soccer_golf - Footgolf
- sport=croquet - Croquet
- golf_cart=* For paths for golf carts