|leisure = park|
|A park, usually municipal.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A park is an area of open space provided for recreational use, usually designed and in semi-natural state with grassy areas, trees and bushes. Parks are often but not always municipal. Even though parks are typically open to the public, they can be fenced off or temporarily closed, like at night time.
How to Map
Ways (highway=path or highway=footway) leading into a park from a road, should always be connected to the road for routing purposes. It's debatable whether they should connect to the park area with a shared node, or cross over the polygon without connecting.
Lakes and forests in a park belongs to it, so don't use a separate multipolygon to exclude them!
The normal view of a park is a green area within or near a town or city. Parks in isolated, rural locations (namely areas called "National Parks") are a different matter. leisure=nature_reserve and boundary=national_park could be used, and not this leisure=park tag. example. There is also boundary=protected_area.
Possible Tagging Mistakes
- on Wikipedia
- landuse=recreation_ground - An open green space for general recreation
- landuse=village_green - a distinctive part of a village centre
- landuse=grass - a smaller area of mown and managed grass
- leisure=garden - A place where flowers and other plants are grown
- tourism=theme_park - An amusement park where entertainment is provided by rides, game concessions