|man_made = drinking_fountain|
|Provides a small jet of drinking water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Warningǃ This is not (yet?) an established feature, as it is almost not used. Consider it a proposed feature. Most drinking fountains are tagged as amenity=Drinking_water probably because there was no proper tag describing the device before.
The construction and operation of the is significantly different from the ordinary common .
The first Drinking fountain were created in the middle of the 19th century and were a huge step forward for public health in time when most people did not have access to water in their homes. Nowadays you can drink water directly from a drinking fountain, trusting it completely.
How to map
- operator=* The operator of the drinking fountain.
- name=* The name of the drinking fountain if it has.
- disused:man_made=drinking_fountain To indicate that the drinking fountain is disused.
There is no need to add tags describing the water quality because drinking fountain were originally created to stop the spread of disease in times when there was no easy access to clean drinking water. Nowadays you can drink water directly from a drinking fountain, trusting it completely.
- man_made=water_tap A man made water tap to obtain water, easy filling of containers.
- man_made=water_well A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- amenity=water_point, waterway=water_point, amenity=drinking_water for location of a source of potable water
- - drinking fountain Wikipedia article
- - list of drinking fountains in the United States
- http://www.drinkingfountains.org/ - The Drinking Fountain Association
- https://thisdayinwaterhistory.wordpress.com/tag/water-fountain/ - First London Drinking Fountain 1859.
- http://www.hevac-heritage.org/items_of_interest/public_health/drinking_fountains/drinking_fountains.htm - Drinking Water * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKMK0nbYJV0 - A Guide to drinking Fountains in Rome (Nasoni)