|man_made = pumping_station|
|Pumping station: a facility including pumps and equipment for pumping fluids from one place to another|
|Group: man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag man_made=pumping_station is used to map a pumping station: a facility including pumps and equipment for pumping fluids from one place to another. Examples include a sewage pumping station, a pumping station for irrigation or drainage, for drinking and industrial water supply, for storing water for energy (pumped storage power plant), the operation of fountains in the castle park, etc.
This tag is only intended for facility with pumping as main purpose. Bigger facilities main involve pumping to feed larger processing systems and you need to look at man_made=water_works, man_made=wastewater_plant, refineries...
Sewage pumping station may be known as sanitary lift station.
How to map
Put a node at the centre of the pumping station or draw a outline around the area .
Tags used in combination
Use the following tagging to describe a pumping station:
|man_made||pumping_station||It's a pumping station||mandatory|
|pumping_station=*||<activity>||The activity in which the station is involved||recommended|
|substance=*||<substance>||The actual substance processed inside the station||optional|
|name=*||<name>||The station's name||optional|
|ref=*||<reference>||The station's reference||optional|
|operator=*||<company name>||The name of company who operates the station||optional|
For a more detailed description, pumping_station=* can also be used:
- pumping_station=water - Water
- pumping_station=wastewater - Effluent in a broader sense, also rainwater
- pumping_station=sewage - Urban waste
- pumping_station=gas - Natural gas
An common alternative is to use the key substance=*
- substance=water - Drinking water
- substance=sewage - Urban waste
- substance=wastewater - Effluent generally, even rainwater
- substance=oil - Petroleum oil
- substance=gas - Natural gas
- Add the tag disused=yes if the pumping station is out of service but could be easily used again.
- abandoned:man_made=pumping_station when the pumping station has been abandoned and can not be repaired.
|UK||A station designed for irrigation in UK country.|
Whatever appearances are, this building is dedicated to water pumping from the lake behind the dam towards another storage upstream.
- man_made=pump - Pump devices
- man_made=pipeline - Pipeline, aqueduct
- man_made=water_tower - Water tower
- man_made=water_well - Water well
- man_made=petroleum_well - Petroleum well
- man_made=water_works - Waterworks
- man_made=wastewater_plant - Sewage plant
- man_made=watermill - Water mill (historical)