Jump to navigation Jump to search
|man_made = surveillance|
|A surveillance camera or other type of surveillance equipment.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A surveillance camera or other types of surveillance equipment. These may be publicly or privately operated, and may be monitoring a public or private space.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- operator=* - Use this to describe which organization is operating the cameras. Note that the organisation of interest would be the organisation to whom the images belong (specific government, specific enterprise, etc.) For example, operator=Ajuntament de Palma or operator=My Enterprise
- name=* - for cameras which have a name
- ref=* - for cameras which have a reference number (example XXX-000)
- surveillance=indoor/outdoor/public - Type of surveillance. See surveillance=* and the proposal: Proposed features/Key:Surveillance.
- surveillance:type=camera/guard/ALPR - What is watching
- surveillance:zone=town/parking/traffic/shop/bank/building/entrance - Zone of the surveillance.
- Many more detailed tags described at Proposed features/Extended tags for Key:Surveillance
Surveillance is rendered on:
- https://sunders.uber.space/ (with info pop ups, even with a live image if URL provided in the data)
- http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/cctv/ (Coverage limited to France)
- http://mapakamer.cz/mapakamer/ (apparently only at zoom 12 and up, just an icon, no permalink)
- http://cctv.masspirates.org/ (emphasizing Massachusetts and the Northeastern US)
- https://mapcomplete.osm.be/surveillance shows cameras with different icons; also a mobile editor
- Approved features/Surveillance - Original proposal for man_made=surveillance
- Proposed features/supervised - Proposed tag to indicate whether there is a person who supervises the place
- surveillance=* - Indicates whether a location is under surveillance
- contact:webcam=* - For the specification of an url.
- highway=speed_camera - A fixed road-side or overhead speed camera
- Relation:enforcement - tagging speed cameras with direction information
- barrier:personnel=* - for places where there are humans that guard a barrier
- supervised=* - Indicates whether there is a person who supervises the place