|military = bunker|
|A building reinforced to withstand attack|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag applies to any kind of military installation built to withstand an attack. The bunkers in defensive lines could be equipped with weapons and might have underground connections with each other. It is used as well for reinforced command posts and warehouses, as well for bunkers for civilians.
The tag bunker_type=* specifies the type of bunker.
How to map
In addition, the bunker type can be specified with bunker_type=*
- technical_type=* - what kind of technical use
To define the location of the bunker use location=*
- Additional tags
- description=* - short description and technical information
- name=* - name of the bunker
- access=no - access restrictions
- tourism=attraction - is it tourist attraction?
- opening_hours=* - when is it open?
- start_date=* - when it was built
- building=bunker - for the building
- ruins=yes - if it is in ruins
- historic=yes - has historical value?
- Address - address of the bunker
- wikipedia=* - Wikipedia article about the bunker
- Historic place map displays historical objects from zoom level 14.