Jump to navigation Jump to search
|natural = cave_entrance|
|An entrance to a cave: a natural underground space large enough for a human to enter|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
Tags to use in combination
|name=*||name of the cave or cave entrance|
|alt_name=*||Caves often have many names. Also consider loc_name=*|
|cave:ref:*=*||number in a cave cadastre, see Cave#Cave:ref and variants|
|opening_hours=*||season, day of week, time|
|material=*||the material of the cave's floor, roof, and walls. For example, limestone or pumice|
|direction=*||direction of the cave entrance (looking outside)|
|access=*||"no" if forbidden|
"private" if you have to obtain permission (and, possibly, a key) to enter. Access means "legal access".
|barrier=*||gate/wall/door/etc. - the physical entrance barrier|
- Proposed features/natural=cave
- man_made=cellar_entrance - Entrance to a man made vault (e.g. cellar).
- man_made=adit - Entrance to man made adit (horizontal entrance to an underground mine).
- man_made=mineshaft - Entrance to man made shaft (vertical entrance to an underground mine).
- amenity=shelter + shelter_type=rock_shelter