Jump to navigation Jump to search
|tourism = attraction|
|An object of interest for a tourist, or a purpose-built tourist attraction|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
- to indicate that the item is interesting for tourists. Usually this tag is used as a property of a feature to describe that it is of interests to tourists. In this case it is a synonym for tourism=yes. For example waterway=waterfall + tourism=attraction. This usage has a problem of subjectivity: why should one waterfall be considered more tourism-worthy than another? This tagging does not distinguish between major tourism features (for example a theme park) and minor tourism attractions (for example a statue inside the theme park).
- less commonly, to describe a facility which was built as a general feature tag, for a feature which is designed as a tourist attraction or "tourist trap", for example . In many cases there is a more specific value under attraction=*. In such cases it is always possible to improve tagging by adding more specific tags describing object itself. . In some cases it is used alone, without another main
Not required with attraction=*
- attraction=* for separate tagging of animals/rides inside theme parks and zoos - not a subtag of tourism=attraction, though tourism=attraction may be applied to ones that are tourism attractions
- tourism=theme_park - A theme park or amusement park
- tourism=yes - To add tourist interest to something described by other tags.