Tagging of roads
What's the consensus for tagging roads above residential but below divided highways? As an example from the New West/Burnaby, http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.21437&lon=-122.93038&zoom=15&layers=M
Also, New West's map of the area http://maps.newwestcity.ca/
An example of three different levels are:
1. Kingsway/10th Ave/McBride is the 99A/1A and physically is two lanes each way (or two on, double yellow line in the middle.
2. The parts of 10th ave that are not part of the 99A/1A or Stewardson Way. These are designated for higher levels of traffic.
3. 6th ave, 8th ave. These are residential collector streets and above residential streets.
How I'd tag them would be : 1. Primary for 99A/1A and other streets with provincial numberings
2. Secondary for major streets
3. Tertiary for residential collectors
4. Residential for smaller streets
For now, because most of them are just tagged as residential, I'm just going to tag secondary and tertiary, and leave the 99A/1A alone.
Pnorman 06:17, 7 October 2010 (BST)
Review of District of North Vancouver Licence - August 2016
I noted that the District of North Vancouver's Licence is given as "restrictive", but no reason nor exact title of the licence is given.
The licence can be viewed on the "legal page" link at the top of DNV.org's data page (link on main wiki)
The _current_ licence title is "Open Government Licence - North Vancouver". As I say, I am not sure if this version is the licence that "restrictive" refers to, from a quick review, it seems OSM compatible the way it is written, but I'd like second opinions.
Talk-ca has a post from me regarding this.