Talk:July 2010 DB Upgrade
Discuss July 2010 DB Upgrade here:
Http Request to download Data
My project built in OSM map ... the last time to Delivery it in 7/7/2010 but it's not finished yet .. and I still work on it . I am using Http Request to download Data (XML file) from OSM stors. Is there any way to download XML file by Http request Now ?? if there is no way , when can I do that ??
-- User:Farah online88 15:02, 2 July 2010
- We have a test server where you can still make API calls including map requests. This has some test data present in some areas for example: http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=-1.539,51.847,-1.421,51.903 - lots of test data around the Charlbury. This not real map data, but it may be enough to give you something to develop against until the real API is available. The real API should be back online tomorrow afternoon.
- If you are building an application depending on map calls to our API. Please note our API usage policy
- -- Harry Wood 15:24, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
thanks a lot Harry Wood ... this url work
but can I ask small question
I am develop this application with some of my friends about OSM Maps . It finds shorter path between to places , and find nearest speacial place (like nearest pharmacy , restaurant ... etc) . and it's connected to Mobile Application . Our project built in Java , and we used JMapViewer in it .
we want to publish our project on OSM site , can we do that ... ??
-- User:Farah online88 15:40, 2 July 2010
- Yes. You're welcome to create a page on the OpenStreetMap wiki here. Give your project a name (preferably something which doesn't get confused with other projects/tools) and then create a page here all about it. Add links to the project homepage. Detail whether it is open source and where the code is, or whether it is software you are selling. Upload an image or two showing screenshots or photos of it in use. -- Harry Wood 11:01, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- thanks Mr.Harry .. :)
- I have some questions about publishing a project so I will create new page on my talk .. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Farah_online88
-- User:Farah online88 3 July 2010