Talk:Proposed features/Tag:tourism=camp pitch
camp_site=camp_pitch is not only used for camp pitches but also sometimes for tourism=camp_site, look at camp_pitch with website. Another good reason to get rid of camp_site=camp_pitch --Nospam2005 (talk) 19:23, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for this information. Would it be possible to provide links to some of the incorrectly-tagged camp_site=camp_pitch features that you found? --Jeisenbe (talk)
- Thank you for the examples. While it's ok to use tourism=camp_site and camp_site=camp_pitch for a small campsite with only one pitch, it's incorrect to tag this on a large campground area with multiple pitches. I didn't look at the aerial imagery for the [first one], but I assume that several smaller pitch areas could be mapped within the larger tourism=camp_site, so in that case the camp_site=camp_pitch tag can be removed. --Jeisenbe (talk) 09:56, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- If this proposal is approved, then camp_site=camp_pitch will be deprecated and that information will be added to the Key:camp_site page --Jeisenbe (talk) 10:29, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
camp_site=* should qualify a whole camp site as described (basic, standard, service, deluxe) maybe with some extra values (wild_camp).
What about camp_site=lot? Move to tourism=camp_pitch as you say that pitches may be for several tents? Let it as it is right now and make another proposal after this one has been approved?
- The tag camp_site=lot is not documented, and I don't know what this tag means. Do you think it is used to mark a camp pitch?
- If this proposal is approved, the plan is that all campgrounds and campsites will continue to be tagged tourism=camp_site and all caravan sites should continue to be tagged tourism=caravan_site, no matter the size. But the new tag tourism=camp_pitch will be used to mark individual pitch locations within a campsite or caravan site, instead of camp_site=camp_pitch or camp_site=pitch. --Jeisenbe (talk) 10:29, 7 June 2019 (UTC)