Proposal talk:Emergency=air rescue service
All comments welcome!
Partially related to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/emergency%3Dwater_rescue
Input welcome from all on the name!
Considered emergency=air and emergency=air_rescue, but thought they could possibly (somehow) be interpreted as dealing with emergencies actually in the air? --Fizzie41 (talk) 00:09, 9 January 2023 (UTC)
- Hey, give me a chance to finish writing it before you comment, K! :-)
- I think it would be a pretty (very?) rare situation, in that Police helicopters don't usually do Rescue work, and while some (particularly US) Fire Departments do, those helicopters usually don't also fight fires. In the case that they do, I think it would probably work better in reverse i.e. add emergency=air_rescue_service + air_rescue_service=search_and_rescue to the existing, primary, police / fire station tagging? The same could also apply to Military Search and Rescue units.
This tag could be adapted to the purposes outlines in this proposal, but I thought that it would be better to use a new tag in line with the other existing emergency rescue service tags i.e. emergency=* --Fizzie41 (talk) 23:41, 8 January 2023 (UTC)
- You don't need to create a page for the deprecated tag, just add it to Deprecated features. Something B (talk) 09:41, 10 January 2023 (UTC)
- I think a page for emergency=air_rescue_service will suffice, but the decision is Yours. Something B (talk) 22:26, 11 January 2023 (UTC)
Contacted users of emergency_service=air
- Proposal looks good to me, no objections. --Nw520 (talk) 23:51, 3 February 2023 (UTC)
- I was contacted an have no further comments, as this is not my main working area. Thank you for improving the tagging-standards. Hadhuey (talk) 10:24, 5 February 2023 (UTC)