Talk:Proposed features/pitch markings
Ideas for future improvements
In response to the RFC, these are some open issues I've encountered while implementing pitch marking rendering:
- overlapping lines present in sport=multi pitches
- marking colors.
However, this is not a suggestion to add these right away. I think this is a solid proposal as is and it would probably be best to get it accepted first – no need to get bogged down with too much additional topics at the moment. Future extensions are always possible, after all. --Tordanik 19:27, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
I'd suggest four values for this, rather than a simple yes/no:
- pitch_markings=permanent: for permanent markings such as might be found on an artificial-turf field.
- pitch_markings=temporary: for markings that are refreshed on an as-needed basis. Markings might not be present on the off-season.
- pitch_markings=yes: for when the permanence of markings isn't known.
- pitch_markings=no: for fields without markings, such as a soccer field consisting of just a pair of goals.