Tag values usually are lowercase without spaces. So crane:type=Portal crane should not be used. Instead crane:type=portal_crane is an OSM compliant tagging. The same for crane:mobile=Rail should be crane:mobile=rail. If noone vetos I will change that. --WanMil 09:41, 25 September 2012 (BST)
Container crane, Gantry crane, Travellift, Slewing pillar crane, Floor-mounted crane, Portal crane, portal, travel lift, portal_crane, slewing_pillar_crane, Truck-mounted crane, Portalkran, Travel Lift, travellift, floor-mounted crane, portal crane, Saulendrehkran, saulendrehkran, gantry, travel_lift, gantry_crane, crane, rail, slewing pillar crane
So, I think this is list of common types: bulk-handling, container, deck, floor-mounted, gantry, hammerhead, hoist, jib, level_luffing, overhead, portal, rail, saulendrehkran, self-erecting, slewing_pillar, tower, travel_lift, winch
I dont know about "-" "_" and " " so I left "-" and chance " " to "_" --- User:Kr12 18:59, 28 May 2013
Mapping of crane rails
How should we tag the rail of the cranes? For example, ways http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/98483620 and http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/98483754 currently have no tags, and they seem to represent rails for cranes. Zstadler (talk) 14:27, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
- Revisiting this issue after a few years... At the time I invented a man_made=rail tag for these, but that wasn't liked by the person who mapped that industrial complex and after some discussion then the original (but in my opinion still wrong) railway=rail tags were restored, and it still has railway=rail tags on there today http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/51.1621/3.7987
- We really need something for this, it's displayed and seen as proper railway tracks now (even more prominently as the actual railway tracks going through that complex) and I don't think that should happen... --Eimai (talk) 08:10, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- I totally agree with the above. I added some gantry cranes at DeltaPort e.g. (Way: 503678145) http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/123045975#map=16/49.0243/-123.1542&layers=T with the tags "man_made:crane" and "type:gantry_rail". However, they do not display on OSM, and it would be decent if they would with a noticeably weighted line style and colour, different from rail lines. It would also be preferable if the two rails were combined on the same way, if possible.
- I checked in the big ports of Longbeach and Singapore, and there does not seem to be any acceptable solution there.
- --Badenk (talk) 20:52, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Zstadler @Eimai @Badenk Need a solution for special use tracks such as for launch pedestals for rockets and mobile service buildings in a spaceport. For example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/13.7171/80.2293 and https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/13.73387/80.23459 Ohsin (talk) 00:21, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
What is a travel_lift?
When looking up travel lifts, I find pictures of cranes on wheels that can drive about. I would think that we can't map those, so what is meant with "crane:type=travel_lift"? —M!dgard [ talk ] 20:05, 19 November 2017 (UTC)