US Chapter Communication Work Group
Draft: This is the initial place holder for a proposed CWG for the US Chapter of OpenStreetMap.
- Increase awareness of OpenStreetMap and its accomplishments among the general public and within the mapping community
- Improve communication within OpenStreetMap US so members are informed about current activities and mapping efforts
- Provide press releases on upcoming US events and other OSM worldwide events that impact the US Chapter.
- Provide local communities tools to help them communicate effectively (not just prewritten releases but also mailing services)
- Build metrics to track effectiveness
- Use social media, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Support owners of these accounts with recommendations.
- Clifford Snow
- Michael Sidoric
- Charlotte Wolter