Boston Hackathon todo list
- Fix permalinks. Everything is in mercator, we need lat/lon links to not break existing permalinks and expected behavior
- Work on editing ways: Since the OSM API only allows editing of elements by reposting the entire XML string, I never bothered to do this.
- Document and make clear the process for setting up mapserver, GD, etc. as we have on the freemap server, so that if someone else wants to do it, they can.
- Create a scriptable process that can be kicked off automatically which takes the planet.osm dump, converts it, clears the existing cache, and possibly starts a pre-cache script for the first 5 zoom levels
- Work on a script to convert the new osm-map-features2.xml file to a mapfile
- Take results from 5. and improve the cartography
- fix the tile display in OL to reuse tiles
- Figure out alpha-transparency issues in OL