|Author:||Aponia Software, s.r.o.|
Offline multi-language voice navigation app with lane-guidance assistant. Since May 2014 only OSM Maps are available (Aponia Software created another app called "Aponia GPS Navigation" with proprietary maps).
be-on-road is a closed source application for offline navigation. Since May 2014 it is based only on OpenStreetMap based data files.
Since 2015 the application is devided into a free and a premium version (14,99€).
- Map display in 2D or 3D with simple but smart display of buildings.
- Speed camera warnings for all such nodes or relations contained in the main OSM dataset. (This feature may be illegal in some countries.)
- Road segments can be blocked to avoid navigation via them.
- Offline adddress search: smart differentiation of place names that occur twice or more in one country or region.
- Online adddress search: Online search allows you to locate the geographical data which is not included in the offline map data.
- Search POI along a calculated route.
- Map updates based on OpenStreetMap offered. (But updates in the free version aren´t offered very often(last time maps got updated: 2. quarter of 2014))
- Lane-guidance assistant (only in premium-version or until app-version 220.127.116.11)
- Some of the OSM based offline map files are quite big for download, e.g. France or Germany (about 1 GB) . It is also possible to download the needed maps via the website of be-on-road, so that you can use a broadband connection to download mapfiles.