From OpenStreetMap Wiki
[[Image:|250x200px|Screenshot of be-on-road]]
|Author:||Aponia Software, s.r.o.|
|Platform:||wm ; wm2003 ; iphone ; android ; bada|
be-on-road is a closed source application for offline navigation, based on commercial maps or on OpenStreetMap based data files.
- Map display in 2D or 3D with simple but smart display of buildings.
- Speed camera warnings for all such nodes or relations contained in the main OSM dataset. (This feature may be illegal in some countries.)
- Road segments can be blocked to avoid navigation via them.
- Offline adddress search: smart differentiation of place names that occur twice or more in one country or region.
- Search POI along a calculated route.
- Map updates based on OpenStreetMap offered after some months.
- Some OSM based offline map files are quite big for download, e.g. France or Germany ... via the website of be-on-road there are installer programs available for windows PC that can use a broadband connection to download mapfiles directly on a connected mobile device.